orderbird offers you and your tax advisor a function to save Time and Money - the DATEV Export. You can use the following guidelines to set up your DATEV-Report. We recommend that you make these settings together with your tax advisor, they will be able to tell you which settings are best for you and your business.
- All DATEV Standard Charts of Accounts are accepted. We recommend SKR 03 and SKR 04 for Germany and SKR 07 for Austria.
- orderbird provides the possibility to enter DATEV account numbers for each of the three unchangeable super family groups (Beverages, Food and Miscellaneous) as well as for "Total Revenue" and "Cash".
- In addition, DATEV account numbers can be entered separately for each individually created family group. In this way, you can also book sales outside the usual DATEV accounts.
- Only one DATEV account number can be set up for the orderbird cash register with the DATEV account "Cash".
- You can create three DATEV accounts for each of the other groups (Total revenue, Beverages, Food, Miscellaneous and all Family Groups): “Total Revenue", "Turnover with regular VAT" and "Turnover with reduced VAT".
- Currently, there is no slot for an account number for the Cashbook.
- If you do not define any valid DATEV account numbers in the app, no DATEV export will be generated.
Step by step - Define DATEV account numbers
- Open the main menu of the orderbird app and tap Settings > DATEV.
- Now you can enter the account numbers according to a Standard Chart of Accounts (SKR). Ideally, your tax advisor will be familiar with DATEV account numbers and knows which account numbers make most sense for your business.
If your tax advisor does not know which account numbers to fill out, you can use our suggestions as guideline. For the most comprehensive evaluation, we recommend that you enter an account number for the following fields:
- Total revenue: Total revenue
- Food: Food turnover with regular VAT
- Food: Food turnover with reduced VAT
- Beverages: Beverages sales with regular VAT
- Beverages: Beverages Turnover with reduced VAT
- Miscellaneous: Miscellaneous turnover with regular VAT
- Miscellaneous: Miscellaneous turnover with reduced VAT
Which DATEV account numbers (SKR) can I use?
With the SKR 03 or SKR 04 for Germany and the SKR 07 for Austria you are on the right track. However, we advise you to consult with your tax advisor. They will tell you exactly which Standard Chart of Accounts they prefer to work with. Here you will find an overview of the account numbers for the Standard Charts of Accounts:
- DATEV SKR 03 Overview (Germany)
- DATEV SKR 04 Overview (Germany)
- DATEV SKR 07 Overview (Austria, German language only)
DATEV account numbers for individual family groups
If you would like to enter different DATEV account numbers for individual family groups on the recommendation of your tax advisor, this is how you do it:
- Open the main menu in the orderbird app and tap on Settings > Orderpad > Menu card. Now tap on the small (i) after the name of the family group to see its settings.
- Scroll down in the family group settings on the right side and enter the account numbers either for "Family group revenue total" or below for "Family group revenue with regular VAT" and "family group revenue with reduced VAT".
- When you are finished, tap on "Save" in the upper left corner and confirm the changes again in the next window.
Why do family groups in the same super family group sometimes get different account numbers?
A very good and at the same time very well-known example beverages containing cow milk with a milk content of over 75%, such as latte macchiato or cocoa. These beverages are considered as food in regard to taxation.
However, it would make no sense to classify them in your menu in the category "food". Therefore you have to create the family group "milk drinks" in the super family group “beverages”. Then you simply assign this family group the same DATEV account numbers as food, respectively:
- "Family group revenue with regular VAT" → same DATEV account number as super family group foods “Food turnover with regular VAT”
- "Family group revenue with reduced VAT" → same DATEV account number as super family group foods “Food turnover with reduced VAT”