Just now everything was fine with the card payment and now the connection no longer wants to establish? Or the error message "Card reader is not connected via Bluetooth" appears in the orderbird app? Try these tips!
In a nutshell
- Check which iOS version you have installed. If necessary, perform the pending iOS update.
- Reset the card reader to factory settings
- Ignore the card reader in the Bluetooth settings on your Apple device.
- Close all open apps
- Clear the RAM memory on your iPad (long press on/off button, then long press home button)
- Turn off your Apple device and wait 30 seconds before turning it on again.
- Intermediate step for iOS 14: Reset network settings
- Reconnect the card reader via Bluetooth
- Perform a test booking
Follow the steps below to get the connection between the card reader and Apple device working again:
Step 1: Check and update your iOS version.
First, check which operating system (iOS) is installed on your Apple device. For your card reader to successfully pair with your Apple device, you should have at least iOS 11 installed on your Apple device.
- To find out your current iOS version, click here: Find the software version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201685).
- To find out how to update your device, click here: Update iOS on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204204).
- Your iOS version is older than iOS 10 and can no longer be updated? Then the card payment no longer works. You need a newer iOS device.
- On iOS 14, there may also be problems with the Bluetooth connection to your card reader. Apple is already working on a fix for this problem. If you have already updated to iOS 14, follow the next steps to reconnect your card reader:
Step 2: Reset the card reader to factory settings.
- On the top of the card reader, you will find a small hole next to the on/off switch. Carefully push in here with the pointed end of a paper clip and hold it down until you are shown a selection box where the 3rd item is called "Total Factory Reset".
- Press "3" on the keypad. Please confirm this with the green check mark on the card reader. Now your card reader will restart. This may take some time.
- As soon as the Concardis logo and the Bluetooth icon appear in the upper left corner of the display and the blue Bluetooth light in the upper right corner is blinking fast, you can reconnect the devices.
Step 3: Ignore the card reader in the Bluetooth settings on your Apple device.
- Next, go to Bluetooth in the Apple device's settings and press the little blue "i" behind the card reader with the name "orderbird" and your device's serial number. Then select "Ignore this device" and confirm with "OK".
- Then deactivate the Bluetooth connection of your iPad by dragging the blue slider in the upper right corner to the left. The slider is now gray.
Step 4: Close all open apps
Please close all open apps as you get explained here: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330). The short version: double-click on the home button and swipe the displayed apps out to the top.
Step 5: Clear the RAM memory on your iPad
- Unlock your Apple device
- Now, hold down the on-off switch until you see the slider to turn off the device.
- Release the on-off switch and press the home button until you see your regular screen again.
Step 6: Restart your Apple device
- Hold down the on-off switch until you see the slider to turn off the device.
- Move the slider and your Apple device will turn off.
- Wait 30 seconds until you turn the device back on.
- More information can be found at Apple here: Restart iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559).
Intermediate step if iOS 14 is installed: Reset network settings
Reset your network settings. To do this, tap "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Network Settings" on your Apple device.
Important! Please note that this will reset all previously used Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings and VPN/APN settings! You have to enter these passwords and settings data again!
Step 7: Connect the card reader via Bluetooth
- Charge your orderbird card reader for about 3 hours before switching it on for the first time.
- Switch on your card reader
Turn on the card reader by pressing the small blue button on the top of the device. The display will turn on and your card reader will start up.
- Activate Bluetooth on the card reader
The Concardis logo appears on the display. The Bluetooth light on the card reader will now blink in quick succession.
- Activate Bluetooth on the Apple device
Open the settings on your Apple device and activate Bluetooth. Wait until orderbird###### appears on the display and then tap on the entry to connect your device to the card reader.
- Pair the two devices
You will now be prompted to connect to your Apple device.
- Tap on the "Pairing" field. The number displayed on your Apple device and the card reader must be identical.
- Confirm the connection on the card reader by pressing the button with the green check mark.
- The card reader is now connected to your Apple device. The Bluetooth light on the side of the card reader will now blink slowly.
Please note: Probably the pairing will not work the first time. Ignore this message, disable and enable Bluetooth on your Apple device and try again.
Step 8: Make a test booking
Book an item and charge it via card payment.
It still does not work! What now?
Then contact us so we can help you:
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at +49 30 208 983 098 or +49 30 208 983 099 (int.)