You can easily change the price for one or more items from within the orderbird App.
In a nutshell
- Go to Settings > Order pad > Menu > Your desired family group > Your desired item
- Tap on "Price"
- Change the price
- Save & Done
Step by Step - Updating the price of an item
- Open the orderbird app.
- Tap on "Settings" in the main menu,
then on "Orderpad"
and now on "Menu Card".
- Now you can see a list of your family groups. Next, select the family group (category) where the item for which you want to change the price is located.
In this example, it is the family group "Beer":
- Now tap on the desired item. Here we want to change the price for "Lager 330ml". Tap on the current price to change it. In the example it is 4,30€.
- Tap on the small grey "X" on the right. This will delete the old price. Now enter the new price via the keyboard, e.g. 6 8 0 for 6,80€.
- Now press "Save" in the upper left corner and in the new window again on "Save".
- Done, the item has a new price!
When should I create a new item, when should I only change the price for an existing item?
A new item is always due when you really add a new item to your menu, something you have not previously sold. This way you can keep track of it in your GDPdU/GoBD exports, because everything is clear and comprehensible. And the IRS can't bother you. So you shouldn't turn a "Coke" into a "Spezi" and then later into a "Cheeseburger". This will destroy all reports!
You only need to change the price if you keep the article in your assortment and the article simply gets a new price (e.g. due to changed purchase prices).
If I change the price for an item, isn't it better to create a new item right away so that I can evaluate it better? The tax office is asking me about the historical price changes of an item!
Yes and no. Yes, because it's definitely the cleanest way. No, because it's also the most time consuming procedure. Instead of creating a new article every time you only want to update a price, you can simply change the price and later work with the GDPdU/GoBD export when you need an exact evaluation. This is not always easy, but it saves you a lot of time. The GDPdU/GoBD export is tax office compliant and supplies the tax office with all important data.
Please sign in to leave a comment.