According to the Kassensicherungsverordnung, KassenSichV, you as a cash register operator are obliged to take care of the technical upgrade of your cash register with a technical security system (TSS) by 31.03.2021 in order to work legally compliant. If you have already purchased the online TSS before 31.08.2021 (date of full implementation of the certified version of the TSS), check whether it is activated and then file the application under section 148 Abgabenordnung to retroactively extend the deadline for the full implementation of your cloud TSS until 31.08.2021.
The background is that the Online-TSS offered by our partner fiskaly was not fully certified by the BSI until 28.05.2021. The integration of the certified version of the TSE then took place on 31.08.2021. You are obliged to submit the application for the extension of the toleration also retroactively.
orderbird AG does not provide tax advice or advice on financial law issues. Everything we write reflects our experience and the experience of our customers.
For binding statements on how to write an application according to § 148 AO, please contact your tax advisor!
Your action is imperative
It is imperative that you now submit an application in accordance with Section 148 of Abgabenordnung (AO) to extend the deadline for the full implementation of a cloud TSE retroactively, which you are obligated to do as a cash register operator in order to be protected in accordance with the legal requirements. This will allow you to obtain further tolerance for the use of a TSE with the status "In Evaluierung" until 31.08.2021.
- Log in to MY orderbird.
- Click on Service Portal under Settings.
If you have not yet been on the service portal or have not yet viewed an invoice, you can identify yourself by your customer number, any previous invoice number or offer number. This serves to protect your data.
- Click on "TSE Compliance".
- On the next page, click "To the application".
- Now check if the pre-filled data is correct: This concerns the information about your company as well as the information about your tax office.
- If you have changed your data, please click on "Refresh". This will check if the tax office below is still up to date.
- If the tax office is not correct, you can change it manually.
Did you know? Tax offices are obliged to forward applications to each other if they are addressed to the wrong tax office, as long as they are in the same federal state.
- Click on "Email application to your tax office" to send the application by email to your tax office.
- Click on "Download application as PDF" if you want to save the application for your records.
Where can I find the orderbird statements I need for the application?
The statements can be accessed via a link in your application and are therefore already included in your application! You can always download your application again on MY orderbird.
If you need the statements right now, you can download them here with one click:
My business is not located in Germany. Do I still have to apply for an extension?
No, the letter to extend a TSE Grace Period is only applicable for customers in Germany.
Please sign in to leave a comment.