From orderbird App Version 7.2 on, the individual item discount is available for you!
In a nutshell
- First you have to "send" your order and then return to the table.
- In the order overview for the table, tap on the three dots "..." behind the item you want to discount.
- Select a predefined discount or enter a custom amount, including reason for discount.
- To undo a discount, tap again on the three points behind the item and set the number to "0".
Step by step
How to discount individual items
- Place your order by tapping on send as soon as you have entered all items. Only then you can discount individual items.
- Open the table you want to charge.
- In the order overview on the left, tap on the three dots next to the item you want to discount.
Tip: If the item has been ordered more than once, first select how many items you would like to discount. The maximum number of available items is preset by default.
- Select a predefined discount or enter a custom discount.
- Predefined discount
- With the custom discount entry you can choose between a percentage amount or a fixed amount.
- Give a reasoning for the discount.
- Predefined discount
- Tap on "Done" in the top right corner.
- Done! You will see a short summary next to the discounted item in the order overview.
If you would like to discount multiple items, simply repeat steps 3 to 5 or just read on…
How to discount several items with split invoice
If you want to discount several items - for example every cocktail during happy hour - there is a faster way by using "Split invoice":
- Select the table you want to charge.
- Tap on "..." the three points at the bottom of the screen to settle the table.
- In the list, select all items that should receive a discount.
- Now tap on "Discount".
- Choose a predefined or enter a custom discount including a reasoning. This discount applies per item and is then applied to all selected items.
- Tap "Done" in the top right corner.
- Tap on "Pay" and then enter a tip as usual and finally select the payment method.
- The discounted items have now been invoiced on one invoice.
- Afterwards you can settle the open items as usual on a separate invoice.
How can I change or cancel an item discount?
As long as you have not yet invoiced the table, you can easily change or remove an item discount again:
- In the order overview for a table, tap again on the three points next to the item.
- Set the quantity to "0".
- The discount has been removed. Done!