To use an online reservation system that allows for upfront deposits with your orderbird app, simply add a new payment type and an item for the reservation deposit. This way you can clear deposits against customers' orders, or send them an invoice for no shows.
Add payment type "reservation online payment"
- Go to Settings > Payment > Payment Types in your orderbird app.
- Add a new payment type for "reservation online payment" by clicking on the "+"-sign on the bottom.
- Hit “save” in the upper left corner when you are done.
Add "online reservation deposit" item
- Go to Settings > Orderpad > Menu Card.
- Choose the family group you want to add the "online reservation deposit" item to.
- Click "+" on the bottom to add a new item named "online reservation deposit".
- Set a price, set the tax rate to 19 %, and deactivate "print on docket" at the bottom.
- Tap on "save" in the upper left corner.
Clearing reservation deposits
If a guest has made a reservation deposit via an online reservation plattform, you can clear it against their bill. This is how you do it:
- Add the "online reservation deposit" item to their order.
- When billing them, hit the "..." for payment, then select "Partial Pay".
- Choose "reservation online payment" and then enter the amount of the deposit.
- In the next step, settle the remainder of the bill by the payment of the guest's choosing.
Billing no shows
If a guest has made a reservation with a reservation deposit but does not show, you keep the deposit and send them an invoice.
- Book the "online reservation deposit" item
- Tap on the green "..." to settle the bill and select "Customer address" and "Send receipt via email".
- Tap on "Pay".
- Settle it via the "reservation online payment" payment method.
- The no-show guest will receive an invoice via e-mail.
If you do not have the guest's e-mail address at hand, you can also send out an invoice later via MY orderbird. To do so, log in to MY orderbird > Invoices and select the invoice you want to add details to and send to your customer.