A customer wants to pay with their EC or credit card? No problem - with orderbird Pay you can easily accept all kinds of card payments.
Step by step
- From the table list or the floor plan, choose the table where the customer wants to pay cashless. In this example, it is table 18.
- Tap on the green button with the three white dots at the bottom.
- Now you see the payment options. At the bottom of the screen, select "Pay".
- Tap on "Card payment" in the next screen. The amount will be automatically communicated to the card reader.
- Now the card reader asks for the card. There are four possibilities:
- Insert the card into the device from below,
- pull it through at the upper end or
- if it has an NFC sign for contactless payment, simply hold it next to the device.
- If your customers have an NFC-enabled mobile phone, you can let them pay with it, too.
- Now the customer just needs to authorize the payment, either by PIN entry or signature (with their finger on the iPad).
Keep in mind, that no PIN is requested for payments up to 25€ for NFC transactions, for Swiss customers even up to 40 CHF.
- As soon as "Payment successful" appears on the display, the payment is accepted.
A customer, who has paid by card, noticed an error in his invoice and I need to restore it. How do I go about it?
Attention: If you restore an invoice that has been paid by card, the money will automatically be returned to the cardholder. The invoice must be billed and collected again!