As of January 1, 2020, the Kassensicherungsverordnung (KassenSichV) (legal regulation on the fiscalization of cash registers) will apply in Germany with new requirements for your cash register. You are obliged to comply with the new technical guidelines and new requirements for cash management as quickly as possible. If you don't take measures in time and miss deadlines, this can be considered a tax offense and cost you fines of up to 25,000 euros.
These are the deadlines
- The first and currently most important deadline for you: From 01.01.2020, the obligation to issue receipts (“Belegausgabepflicht”) applies. For each order, a receipt must be created and offered to the guest. You can print the receipt or create it digitally.
- Your cash register must also be equipped with a technical safety entity (TSE). You can now activate the Online-TSE for your orderbird register.
- The legislator also requires you to register the cash register. However, the legislator has postponed the reporting deadline. As soon as there are any news, we will inform you straight away.
Your next steps
- Make sure that the information about your business is up-to-date and that you offer your customers a receipt. You can find out how to set this up here: What does the obligation to issue receipts mean for me?
- Install the latest orderbird app Version 7 on all your Apple devices and activate the Online-TSE via my.orderbird.com. A detailed step-by-step guide can be found here: How do I activate my Online-TSE?