Did you know? From 1.7.2020 until 31.12.2020 reduced VAT rates will apply in Germany and in German hospitality business. You can find an overview here: The new tax rates 2020/2021 in Germany.
This is the fastest way to manually set the new tax rates in the orderbird app...
- In the orderbird main menu tap on Settings > Orderpad > Menu card
- Update the tax rate of the product group
- Tap on the "i" to the right of the name of a product group that contains food.
- Set the new tax rates for this product group for Inhouse and Takeaway
prior to 01.07.2020
from 01.07.2020 on
from 01.01.2021 on from 01.07.2021 on MEALS Inhouse VAT 19 % 5 % 7 % 19 % MEALS Takeaway VAT 7 % 5 % 7 % 7 % BEVERAGES & MISC
(valid for Inhouse as well as Takeaway VAT, depending on each item)
19 % 16 % 19 % 19 % 7 % 5 % 7 % 7 %
- Tap "Done" in the upper left corner.
- Update the tax rate of the articles
- Tap on the name of the product group to get to the articles.
- Tap on an article.
- Activate "Derive VAT".
- Tap on "Done" in the top left corner.
- Repeat this for all articles in the product group.
- Tap on "Save" in the upper left corner.
- Repeat this procedure for each merchandise group that contains food and activate "Inherit Tax Rates" for the respective articles.
If you need more details, you can find them here: How do I change tax rates (VAT) in my orderbird menu?